What will you need? Your chosen fabric, zip, tailors chalk (or ordinary chalk will do), a measuring tape, pins, scissors, sewing machine (or needle and thread).
1. Decide the size you want your clutch and draw it out on your fabric using your chalk and measuring tape to ensure your lines are straight. You will need to do this twice to make the two sides of your bag.
2. Once you have drawn up your pattern cut both sides out. Pin your zip to the first side.
3. Sew along the zip using either your sewing machine or you can do it by hand. Once you have done this pin the other side of the zip to your other piece of fabric and repeat the process sewing the zip to the fabric.
4. Once you have sewn your zipper onto your fabric pin all of the sides together ready to sew.
5. Once you have sewn along all three sides turn your bag inside out to reveal your final product.
I hope this makes sense, this is the first thing I have ever sewn and it was super easy and didn't take long to do at all. My one piece of advice it to use a thick fabric so the bag will hold its shape. If your chosen fabric isn't thick then I would suggest using a lining in your bag.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway!