21 Feb 2012

DIY Tuesday...



Hello my lovelies, as you may have noticed I am a big fan of lipstick and love to experiment with different colours. So when i found a tutorial on how to make your own lipstick palette i couldn't resist... I've been wanting to make my own lipstick for a while but always presumed it would be difficult, messy and a lot of work. I couldn't have been more wrong!

To make the palette pictured above i simply cut off the top of the lipstick (cut at a angle so you can continue using the lipstick) i used between two and four lipsticks to create my own colours. One you have cut the lipsticks you are going to use place them onto a large metal spoon and melt over a candle. Finally poor into the palette and stir so the colours are mixed together. The lipstick should dry within a minute or two.Voila your very own lipstick.

For the palette i used a paint palette that i purchased from whsmith for £2.99, the set came with 32 paints in a plastic tray (simply throw this away... unless you paint of course?) and then you are left with 18 wells (i presume for mixing paints) these are perfect for storing your lipsticks.

The process of making a lipstick palette may seem pointless for some but for me i loved being able to create my own shades of lipstick. I used old lipsticks that my mum was going to throw away and then a few shades of my own that i no longer wear, don't go wasting your perfectly good lipsticks, try using some that you don't use to create new colours. To create all 18 shades i only used six lipsticks.

I'm considering starting to do some videos/ vlogging (trying to be cool and use the right lingo here) so if you have any suggestions let me know, maybe i could even do a video tutorial on making your own lipstick palette? Although i suppose there will be lots of those around.
Tanesha Marie x

3 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I never think of doing things like this though.

    Charlotte x

    what-charlotte-did.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so easy to do! you should give it a try =]

    Tanesha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea, I'd love to see a tutorial! :) xx

    http://freckles-chippednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    Cate xx

    ReplyDelete